Look, I’m not going to suggest that awards are just piling up on my desk, but I am fortunate to have worked on projects which have received awards, and also recognized for my volunteer efforts with my professional organization, the American Planning Association - Louisiana Chapter. I thought I’d use this post to keep track of them. I even got a photo with then-APA President Paul Farmer, FAICP at one of our state conferences held in Monroe.
- 2021 “Outstanding Service” award for continued service to APA Louisiana as the Chapter Webmaster
- 2019 “Commitment to Planning” medallion for service to APA Louisiana as the Chapter Information Officer
- 2017 “Outstanding Service” award for service to APA Louisiana as the Chapter Information Officer
- 2015 “Outstanding Service” award for service to APA Louisiana as the Chapter Information Officer
- 2016 FEMA National Disaster Preparedness Training - Community Resilience
- 2016 HUD Housing Quality Standards
- 2013 APA-LA “Leadership Experience” Training, Certificate of Completion
- 2004 Mike Lin Graphic Workshop
- 1997 Intergraph MGE Foundations, GIS Training
Award Winning Projects
- St. Tammany Parish Culture, Recreation and Tourism Strategic Plan: Excellence for a Plan Award from APA Louisiana Chapter, 2016. My employer provided public engagement support to the prime consultant Design Workshop who did the technical work.
- Florida Keys Scenic Highway Interpretive Master Plan Strategic Planning Award, 2007 presented by the American Planning Association, Florida’s Gold Coast Section to FDOT District 6 (Janet Seitlin, project manager) who sponsored the study for Monroe County. Mr. Taylor was a key member of the planning consultant firm providing technical assistance and producing the study.)